Naval ECDIS NX
tactical navigation for gray and blue forces!
Naval ECDIS NX is a Warship Electronic Chart Display and Information System (WECDIS) that combines safe navigation with tactical operation. The application ensures mission effectiveness as it is designed to budget. Thanks to a modular approach it offers customizable capability upgrades by pure means of software at any time.
clear situational picture, from navigation to naval mission.
- Proven type approved ECDIS as basis, with a modern, clear-structured user interface and advanced features
- Consistent use of qualified data (checked for integrity, validity and plausibility), system health monitoring, and central alert management
- Validated picture of the navigational and tactical situation
advanced type approved WECDIS integrates military features for tactical navigation and operation.
- Customizable from a commercial ECDIS to a STANAG WECDIS - Easy capability upgrades, each single feature is configurable via software
- Modular features include tactical overlays, waterspace management, anti-submarine warfare and more
- Perfect match for gray and blue forces
Effective and free of risk
ready for future: type approved WECDIS as flexible basis for modular capability upgrades.
- Commercial-off-the-shelf equipment and procedures
- Future-proof hardware and operating system
- Configurable system setup for risk-free, easy start-up
- Fully type-approved, without R&D risk
- Global service network in case you need help
Charts & standards
- Chart formats supported: S-57 / S-63 ENCs / AIO
Optional: AML 2.0, 2.1 & 3.0, ARCS, DNC, TOD, BSB
Prepared for the new S-100 Standard
- Type Approved according to IEC 61174 Ed. 4 and IHO Presentation Library S-52 Annex A Edition 4.0
- All available naval features according to STANAG 4564 Ed. 3 (April 2017)
- Secure network compliance IEC 61162-450 Ed. 2
- New bridge alert management standard (IMO.302(87), IEC 62923-1 and -2
Platform capabilities for navigation and situational awareness.
- Fully compliant type approved WECDIS, made in Germany and tailored to specific naval requirements
- Modern human-machine interface, with retractable panels for a maximized chart view and a quick access bar for essential functions
- Smart tools for route planning, route management, route monitoring, and more
- Sensor management, target management, alert management, health monitoring (in combination with an integrated navigation system according to IEC61924-2 / MSC.252(83) and ANEP-77)
- Customizable with military features for special missions, tactical overlay, waterspace management and anti-submarine warfare
Make your Naval ECDIS NX
specific to your requirements!
Standard type approved ECDIS with advanced functions und built on commercial-off-the-shelf equipment, which is fully type-approved. The software application comes as a part of Synapsis E05.xx installer.
Learn more about our ECDIS:
ECDIS NX optional plus features
With our license model, the ECDIS NX system can easily be be expanded with special features, which are highly recommended for Coast Guard, small marine vessels or task force suppliers. The system can be tailored extremly flexible to the individual customer - without any export restrictions!
- EOB device
- Blind pilotage
- Target intercept
- Search & rescue
- Radar video overlay
- Geo object events
- Dog box
- Sensor arcs
- UTM / UPS
- Moving haven
- Common navigational reference point
- Datum & furthest on circle
The Naval ECDIS NX enhances mission effectiveness by supporting safe, efficient navigation as well as enhanced tactical awareness. The 4W Grid and CGRS/MGRS are export restricted features. The application runs on a separate installer and can be installed by any technician from Anschütz service network.
Flexible system design - easy to install
Naval ECDIS NX comes in a configurable system setup for reliable, risk-free and easy start-up. The application is installed on commercial-off-the-shelf equipment following standard procedures. Software installation is a semi-automatic, wizard-guided process and can be done by any trained technician of the Anschütz global service network. Continuous product maintenance ensures software updates and upgrades.
Naval ECDIS NX can be applied for a stand-alone workstation (including a chart table / planning station), but also as part of a multifunctional workstation or integrated navigation and bridge system. Customers can choose between either high-quality 24” or 27” marine panel-pcs performance, or powerful small marine computers with wide-screen, glass-front TFT displays in various sizes. Technical data is available on request.
Naval ECDIS NX features
- 4W Grid: This feature enabled the operator to draws a grid of up to 24 by 24 rectangles to coordinate multiple naval forces in a large maritime area. Based on classified NATO specifications.
- Tactical target intercept: Calculates a course to steer to intercept a target with given own speed in shortest possible time. Continuous update of intercept course, location, time, countdown.
- Moving haven: Moving Haven is a graphical overlay of the Plan of Intended Movement (PIM) based on a route plan with start time and speeds. It continuously indicates the planned position of the own ship as well as individual safe distances left, right, front and aft (box) for each leg.